Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 25 April 2016

Bird's Eye View


Whilst cycling on the way home through Highfields, I saw this shape wading through the stream. I couldn't make out what it was at first. So I got off my bike, and slowly and very quietly crept up to a nearby tree and waited to see what would appear.

I waited a few minutes and could see that it was a heron. A bird that I had not seen in the park before. As it started to walk away, I very quietly followed it, whilst getting my camera ready to try and take a photo or two of it before it flew away.

There are quite a few trees along there, so I managed to move to one closer without disturbing him.  I managed to take a photo or two, before it spread it's large wings and flew off in the direction of the Lakeside Arts Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.