Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 15 November 2015

Harp Odyssey


Besides organising the day long music festival that took place last month in Beeston, the Oxjam team put on a classical music evening last night at our local parish church.

There was a varied programme of artists including a flute player, a couple of guitarists and the University of Nottingham's String orchestra.

One of the performers I know quite well is harpist Christine Palethorpe, as she plays with another of my musical friends; Emma Bladon-Jones. They perform as a double act called Paper Doves and play folk and popular tunes.

The church was full and everyone seemed to enjoy the music that was on offer. Although being classical music, there was no dancing or cheering, just some polite clapping at the end of each piece of music.

I was there taking photos, but felt quite conspicuous of walking around the church with my camera in my hand. It feels OK at gigs, but for some reason it feels out of place with classical music. Fortunately I had my super zoom lens with me, so could get close, without being close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.