Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 12 September 2015

Beware The Yellow Peril


This weekend is dedicated to England's heritage, with lots of events taking place up and down the country. Beeston of course is holding a number of events around the town, as it has done since the idea was first suggested.
As I have been going to such things for years, I have seen practically all the things on offer, but this year I was pleased to go somewhere that I don't think has been involved before.

The Boat and Horses pub in the Rylands had quite a variety of things to see and do. I saw a friend of ours who does wood turning and was giving a demonstration of his talent, a local beekeeper who was giving tastings of her home produced honey, a display of some old glass bottles and of course a cake stall.

There was also some female Morris dancers and then there were these three characters. There were a number of people dressed as they would have been in say the 1940s, and these two ladies were certainly enjoying themselves as period housewives. The fellow in the centre was part of another Morris dancing troupe, which I couldn't stay to watch, as I had some more visits to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.