Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 15 August 2015

Lucy


I went to see my favourite local band The Madeline Rust tonight at Rough Trade; a record store that opened earlier this year. It was quite an intimate gig, as the space wasn't large, but the devoted audience loved it. As they usually do. The band have quite a faithful following of friends and fans alike.

Here's Lucy, the singer and bassist with the band. Whilst she sports a unique, dramatic look, she's one of the loveliest people I know. Her hubby Gavin, also photographs the band in action, and we often do a sort of photographic dance, as we move around and swap places at the front of the stage, to get different views of the action.

The whole band are great fun to chat to, and I do hope that they get the opportunity of going on to bigger things with bigger audiences, as I think they are as good, if not better than some of the headline bands that are out there these days. But that's just my biased opinion.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.